LIVIN' THE DREAM
Mojosurf is the largest surf camp and surf school provider in Australia and the winner of the 2008/2009/2012 Golden Backpacker Best Tour in NSW award. Mojosurf prides itself in being a fun and challenging place to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage career growth within the company. We make it a priority that all of our staff get the training and support needed to succeed in their position. Join us 'Livin' the Dream' by clicking on a job opportunity in one of the areas listed below...
To view the latest positions available at Mojosurf please visit https://www.hireready.io/mojosurf/careers/
Position: Surf Instructor
Job Type: Casual
Location: Arrawarra – Spot X Surf Camp
Mojosurf are looking for a qualified surf instructor, or for the right candidate we can provide training to become a surf instructor. The position is based at our main camp in Arrawarra, however travel to our other locations may be required. The candidate should be enthusiastic, flexible, punctual, able to work in an awesome team, assertive, humble and have excellent ocean knowledge and able to read waves and surf to a good standard.
Enthusiasm, loyalty and a can do attitude are values that Mojosurf incorporate into every part of our business. Mojosurf encourages leadership ability, effective communication and authenticity amongst all employees. We believe that as a team we can achieve amazing results.
Mojosurf provides quality products and exceptional customer service. We aim to treat each customer as a unique individual and exceed their expectation. We induct customers into the surf lifestyle/culture and give them the time of their life. Mojosurf has been running successful surf tours and lessons for the last 18 years between Sydney and Byron Bay. Recently we have expanded into Indonesia and New Zealand.Surf Coach Tasks will include:
- Ability to present Mojosurf safety techniques and lesson plans to clients
- Be adaptable with the lesson in relation to conditions
- Able to communicate with customers in the ocean (coaching and safety elements)
- Promote products
- Check equipment
- Pack up and put away equipment
- Develop your coaching skills
- Fitness training
- Theory lessons
- Keep up to date with qualifications and scenario knowledge
- Kayak guiding
- Communicate with photographers and guides
- OSSCA or Bronze Medallion, Apply First Aid, Advanced Resuscitation Certificates
- Surfing Australia or ASI Level 1 Surf Coaching Qualification
- Working with Children Check